Food and Nutrition Forum at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
Where: The Enercare Centre, Toronto
Food and Nutrition Forum
• Get up close & personal with farmers, researchers and chefs
• Network with colleagues and meet new friends
• Learn about new resources
• Enjoy the magic of the Royal
Pro Tips and Tricks for Easier, Smarter Cooking
•Dynamic duo Chef Claire Tansey, former Food Director for Chatelaine magazine, and Registered Dietitian Lynn Weaver mix it up to provide tips and tricks on how to prepare quick and easy healthy recipes featuring canola oil.
Technology on the Farm: Getting Safe, Sustainable Food to Canadians’ Tables
• From automation in equipment to crop protection products and biotech crops, farmers have embraced leading-edge science to help them more efficiently grow the safe, high quality food Canadians enjoy. Hear first-hand from a panel of farmers about the role technology plays in food production.
Leveraging the Science: Beans, Nutrition and Opportunities
• Get updated on the health benefits of beans and other pulses, how they align with dietary guidelines and how they reduce the risk of chronic disease. Learn about initiatives aimed at increasing the prominence and consumption of beans in the Canadian food landscape.
(with Chris Marinangeli, PhD RD, Director, Nutrition, Science and Regulatory Affairs, Pulse Canada)
Test your Waste IQ
(with Becky Parker, Project & Partnership Strategist, AgScape)
Food Waste and Consumer Behaviour: Understanding What We Waste and Why We Waste it
• Food waste is increasingly in the public consciousness.
While there are a lot of high level estimates about the amount
of food that’s wasted, there is very little understanding of what
we waste, why we waste it, and what we can do to reduce it.
Join Professor von Massow as he discusses research underway
at the Guelph Food Waste Project which aims to understand
waste behaviours at the household level.
(with Mike von Massow, Associate Professor in the Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Guelph; Co-Director of the Guelph Food Waste Project; and Research Director of the Guelph Food Innovation Lab)
AgScape is pleased to be taking part in this event with an insightful presentation from staff member, Becky Parker.
For more information and to register visit the Dietitians of Canada Events Page.