Where: Canada's Outdoor Farm Show, Woodstock
New Student Activity for COFS 2017
Sponsorship Goal $5,000
The Event- FarmShowGo! will lead students on a hunt through the COFS grounds as they seek out information, ask questions, learn about new innovations, and discover the wealth of career opportunities offered by the agri-food sector.
The Format- Students will:
- visit participating exhibits
- complete a variety of tasks
- record their discoveries on a FarmShowGo! Worksheet which will be submitted to AgScape
- one student group will be awarded a grand prize based on the most successfully completed tasks and highest marks on critical-thinking questions
The Tasks- Each task will be developed by AgScape in collaboration with the exhibitor. Tasks can be quite simple (students asked to find a piece of information located on a promotional poster within the exhibit), or more complex (students complete a quick hands on challenge facilitated by an exhibit staff member). Either way, students will be engaged and will take away valuable information from their visits at each exhibit.
The Opportunity- We are seeking 10 activity station sponsors at $500 each to support the development of the activities and the student prize.
The Participants- We currently have 200 + secondary school students registered to attend and participate in FarmShowGo! and expect more registrations as teachers begin to prepare for the new school year.
- Interact with high school students
- Recognition on AgScape website and in social media
- Your company name and logo on competition worksheets
- Your branded item included in winning group's swag bag
We're looking forward to launching this new activity to provide students with a fabulous experiential learning opportunity. We hope we can count on your involvement and we thank you for supporting ag education in the classroom!
For more information please contact Sharon Bowes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-878-1510.